From the Blog
A Beginner’s Guide To Manufactured Homes
A manufactured home, often referred to as a mobile home, is a prefabricated house that gets built in a factory before being transported to its final destination. These homes have been around since the early 1900s, but their popularity has grown in recent years as they become more affordable and stylish!
In short, manufactured homes are beautiful, versatile, and fascinating in addition to displaying an extraordinary construction strategy that fits nearly every style and terrain. If you’ve ever wondered about manufactured homes, or their benefits and disadvantages, this article will serve as your guide.
What Are the Benefits of a Manufactured Home?
Manufactured homes provide a number of benefits over traditional stick-built homes. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is cost. Manufactured homes are typically cheaper to build than traditional homes, and they often cost less to live in as well. This is due in part to the fact that manufactured homes are made in a factory, where construction costs are lower than on-site construction.
Another major benefit of manufactured homes is their versatility. Because they are prefabricated, manufactured homes can be designed to fit any style or location. They can also be adapted to meet your specific needs and preferences.
Finally, manufactured homes are more durable and weather-resistant than traditional homes. This is because they are constructed with high-quality materials and features that protect against the elements.
What Are the Disadvantages of a Manufactured Home?
There are a few disadvantages to consider before buying a manufactured home. The most obvious is that manufactured homes are not as customizable as traditional homes. If you want to make major renovations or changes, you may be limited in what you can do.
Another potential downside of manufactured homes is their lack of history. Because they are a relatively recent construction trend, there is not always the same level of support and service available as there is for traditional homes. It is important to do your research before buying a manufactured home to make sure that you have access to the resources you need if anything goes wrong.
What Is the Difference Between a Manufactured Home and a Mobile Home?
The main difference between a manufactured home and a mobile home is that a manufactured home is built to federal standards, while a mobile home is not. This means that manufactured homes are typically of higher quality than mobile homes, and are more durable. Additionally, manufactured homes must meet certain requirements for wind resistance, fire protection, and structural integrity.
What Are the Different Types of Manufactured Homes?
Manufactured homes come in a variety of different types, each with its own unique features and benefits. The most common types of manufactured homes are:
- Single-wide homes: These homes are the least expensive and most popular type of manufactured home. They are typically around 600 square feet in size, and they are designed for easy transportation and installation.
- Double-wide homes: Double-wide homes are larger than single-wide homes, typically measuring about 1,000 square feet. They offer more living space and are a good option for families or for those who need extra storage space.
- Modular homes: Modular homes are built in modules that can be assembled into a variety of different floor plans. This makes them a good option for those who want a custom home but don’t want the hassle of on-site construction.
- Panel homes: Panel homes are made up of prefabricated panels that are assembled on-site. This makes them a good option for those who want a custom home but don’t want the expense of modular homes.
- Park models: Park models are designed for recreational use, typically in RV parks or campgrounds. They are the smallest and most affordable type of manufactured home.
- Tiny homes: Tiny homes are the newest type of manufactured home, and they are designed for those who want to downsize their living space. Tiny homes range in size from around 100 to 400 square feet, and they are often built on wheels for easy transportation.
Are Manufactured Homes Affordable?
Yes, manufactured homes are affordable. In fact, they are often much more affordable than traditional homes. The cost of a manufactured home varies depending on the type and size of the home, but it is typically much cheaper than the cost of a traditional home.
Are Manufactured Homes Durable?
Yes, manufactured homes are very durable. They are built with high-quality materials and features that protect them from harsh weather. As a result, manufactured homes can last for many years with minimal maintenance.
Are Manufactured Homes Stylish?
Yes, manufactured homes come in a variety of different styles to suit any taste. You can find manufactured homes that look like traditional homes, or you can find ones that have unique and inspired designs.
Live In a Manufactured Home With Aspire Communities
Manufactured homes can be found in a variety of different settings, including rural areas, suburban neighborhoods, and even urban settings. Talk to your manufactured home dealer to learn more about the zoning regulations in your area and find out if a manufactured home is a good fit for your lifestyle and needs.
If you think you’re ready to get the ball rolling on your manufactured home, we invite you to contact us! At Aspire Communities, our mission is to create beautiful single and double-wide homes that you and your family are proud to call home. We’re proud to be one of Western Michigan’s largest owners and operators of manufactured housing communities, committed to improving our residents’ quality of life, and we would love for you to join our community.